Solo travel is growing in popularity all over the world, in fact, between 2015 and 2017 Google Trends shows that search for solo travel grew by approx. 40%.
Wendy Wu says 65% of their guests already travel solo but still recognised the need to offer a bespoke range of trips for this market segment with the Product Development Experts at Wendy Wu Tours creating solo tours, designed specifically for the solo traveller – with no single supplement.
Group CEO Joe Karbo said of the new range “We’ve always catered well to the solo market, but with the introduction of these new tours, we’re delighted to be able to offer single travellers an experience that has been created entirely for their specific needs.”
“The tours were only made available to book a fortnight ago, and already we’ve seen a huge uptake in bookings, with Japan proving the most popular destination so far. We’re excited to offer this new opportunity to our travel agents, to grow their business in this particular demographic.” Karbo continued.
An exciting six new tours have been created for this market, with touring itineraries available to Vietnam, China, India, Cambodia or Japan. Tours range from 10 to 15 days in duration and include lots of flexible free time, to cater for the specific needs of the solo traveller, allowing you the space to find your own dining options, or explore on your own, or with your new-found friends.
Each tour has its own unique destinations and experiences but they all have the following in common.
No Single supplement: See the diversity of Asia and pay no single supplement on any solo tour.
A Guaranteed Private Room: Relax in your own private room every night, guaranteed, whatever accommodation style is on your itinerary.
Likeminded travellers: These tours are exclusive to guests travelling solo, ensuring that your tour is filled with like-minded and sociable people, with similar value to your own.
Flexibility: The tours have been designed with built-in flexibility, giving travellers plenty of opportunities to mingle with other guests but also explore destinations on your own time.
Solo Tours include the following:
Charming China: 14 day Solo Tour. From $4,980.
- Discover the Forbidden City
- Get up close with the Terracotta Warriors in Xian
- See Cormorant Fisherman in Yangshuo
- Cruise along the Li River
- Walk along the Bund in buzzing Shanghai
Highlights of Japan: 12 day Solo Tour. From $8,920.
- Uncover the hidden treasures of Himeji and Koyasan
- View magnificent Mt Fuji
- Stroll through Nara Park, and see resident Sika Deer
- Experience a traditional tea ceremony
- Take a boat cruise on Lake Ashi
An Indian Experience: 10 day Solo Tour. From $4,780.
- See the magnificent Taj Mahal at sunrise
- Enjoy a rickshaw ride through Old Delhi
- Track down a tiger in Ranthambore National park
- Admire the magnificent Chand Baori stepwell
- Try your hand at traditional block printing and carpet weaving in Jaipur
Vietnam & Cambodia Experience: 15 day Solo Tour. From $5,690.
- Sample traditional Vietnamese Egg Coffee and “bun thang” in Hanoi
- Take part in Tai Chi on Halong Bay
- Join a local family for lunch and a cooking demonstration in Hoi An
- Take a sampan through the canals of the Mekong Delta and visit a floating fishing village
- Take a cyclo tour through Phnom Penh, and explore the Temples of Angkor by Tuk Tuk
For more information or to book, visit wendywutours.com.au